When fresh fruits are mixed with saffron laced thick custard milk, a delicious fruit salad with milk is born. It is one the most sought after fresh fruit dessert in India which not only tastes best but can be prepared very easily too. In this recipe, you are free to use as many types of sweet fruits as you like as it will not spoil its taste. This recipe only uses fresh fruits but you can also use dried fruits as its topping to give it even more richer taste.
More Salad Recipes
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
|1 Chikoo (Sapodilla)|
|1/3 cup Pomegranate Seeds|
|1/3 cup Green Grapes (seedless)|
|3 cups Milk|
|2½ teaspoons Custard Powder|
|2-3 strands Saffron (Kesar) (optional)|
|3 tablespoons Sugar|
- Mix 1/2 cup milk, custard powder and saffron in a bowl. Mix well to prevent lumps formation.
- Heat 2½ cups milk in a pan over low flame. Add milk-custard mixture (prepared in step 1) and sugar. Stir continuously and bring it to a boil over medium flame.
- Cook until milk becomes thick or for around 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer it to a bowl. Let it cool at room temperature and then place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1-2 hours.
- Wash banana, apple, chickoo (sapodilla) and grapes in running water and drain them. Peel and cut banana into small pieces. If grapes are too big, then cut them into halves otherwise keep it whole. Core, peel and cut apple into small pieces. Peel and cut chikoo into halves, discard seeds and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix all cut fruits and pomegranate seeds in a big bowl and pour chilled (refrigerated) milk over it.
- Milky fruit salad is ready. Serve it chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Add vanilla ice cream to make it creamy.
- Cut and add fruits just before serving to prevent them from turning black.
- Garnish it with various fruit syrup to make it even yummier.
Taste: Delicious sweet taste of fresh fruits with milk with an appetizing and soothing aroma of saffron.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a dessert after lunch. It can also be served as a part of the meal with poori and curry.