More Jam Recipes
|3/4 cup crushed Strawberry|
|1 tablespoon Ball® RealFruit™ Instant Pectin|
|1/3 cup Granulated Sugar|
|2 (4 oz) containers|
- First start by washing the freezer proof glass containers or plastic containers and dry them.
- In this recipe, instant pectin of Ball brand is used. Jam prepared with this pectin requires less sugar compared to other brands like Sure-Jell.
- Choose red and ripe strawberries. Wash and drain them.
- Remove stem and cut into halves.
- Mash using a potato masher or finely chop them in a food processor until you get the consistency of your choice, keep some chunks for better texture and taste. Don’t make a smooth puree mixture.
- Take 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon pectin in a bowl.
- Stir well using a spatula.
- Add crushed strawberries.
- Stir well using a whisk for 3 minutes (no less time).
- Ladle jam into clean and dry containers, leaving 1/2 inch head-space for expansion during freezing. Clean the rim and sides of containers and place the lid over containers. Let them stand at room temperature for 30-minutes. Store them in a refrigerator up to 3 weeks or store it in freezer for up to 1 year. After opening the jar, keep it in refrigerator and consume within a week.
- To make jam in large quantity (4-4oz container), use 1 & 2/3 cup fruit, 2 tablespoons pectin and 2/3 cup sugar.
- The key to make perfect jam lies in perfectly measured ingredients as per the quantity mentioned above.
- Use perfectly ripe strawberries to make a flavorful jam.