Learn how to make delicious Potato curry with coconut milk with this easy potato coconut curry recipe.
More Curry Recipes
|2/3 cup Coconut Milk|
|2 cups Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed|
|1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes or Regular Tomato wedges|
|1 medium Onion, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|2 Dry Red Chillies, broken into two pieces|
|1/4 cup Cashew Nuts|
|2 Bay Leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1 tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped|
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 20 minutes and grind them with 3 tablespoons water and make a paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and bay leaves in it. When seeds begin to splutter, add chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns light brown.
- Add a cashew nut paste and stir it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cherry tomatoes. Mix well and cook for approx 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add boiled potatoes and mix with all ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and salt. Cook over low heat until gravy becomes thick (approx 4-5 minutes).
- Transfer potato coconut curry to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Use baby potatoes for visual variation.