Aloo gobi masala with tomato is simply delicious and irresistible. This Indian curry recipe is about making flavorful semi dry vegetarian dish with potatoes, cauliflower and tangy tomatoes. Follow this easy recipe and make your best home cooked Indian curry ever.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
|1 cup Cauliflower Florets|
|3 medium Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces|
|4 cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon Ginger Chilli Paste|
|2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala|
|1½ teaspoon Coriander Powder (dhania powder)|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)|
|2 tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped|
- Separate cauliflower florets and cut them into medium size pieces. Boil them in salted water for about 5 minutes. Drain and keep them aside for use in following steps.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, when they begin to crackle, add minced garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add ginger chilli paste and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, chopped tomatoes and salt, cook until oil starts to separate from tomatoes and they become soft.
- Add boiled potatoes, cauliflower florets, garam masala powder and coriander powder in it. Mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and mix well. Cook covered over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish aloo gobi masala with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tips and Variations:
- Add green peas and onion in step-5 above to make yet another delightful variation of this famous Indian curry.
- If you like to have a spicy accompaniment to your roti or chapati, then add more garam masala powder, ginger chilli paste and garlic in it. It will increase the overall spiciness.
Serving Ideas: Serve aloo and gobi masala with your choice of Indian bread or rice. It taste best with gobi paratha or veg pulao.