It is a delicious pancake made without eggs and dairy-milk and butter. This vegan pancake recipe uses soy milk and vegetable oil along with other ingredients and makes it from scratch. The garnish of blueberries and strawberries makes these eggless pancakes visually tempting and irresistible.
|1 cup All Purpose Flour|
|2 teaspoons Baking Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|1½ tablespoons Sugar|
|1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|1 cup Soy milk|
|2 tablespoons + for greasing Vegetable Oil|
|Maple Syrup, for garnishing|
|Blueberries and Strawberries, for garnishing|
- In a large bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Whisk together soymilk, vanilla extract and vegetable oil in another bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients and stir until just blended. Do not over mix them.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and grease with oil. When it is medium hot, pour 1/4 cup batter on it using a ladle and spread it in round shape.
- Cook on medium low heat for around 2 minutes until bottom side is golden brown and bubbles appear on top.
- Flip it and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat same process for remaining batter. You can cook 4-6 pancakes at a time according to the size of griddle or frying pan.
- Serve hot and fluffy vegan pancakes with a garnish of blueberries and strawberries with maple syrup.
Tips and Variations:
- Add water, almond milk, rice milk or any other non-dairy milk in place of soymilk for variation.
- You can use (1/2 cup wheat flour + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour) or 1 cup whole wheat flour instead of using all purpose flour to make a healthy vegan whole wheat pancake.
- To make thick or thin pancakes, use less or more amount of soy milk and make thick or thin batter respectively.
- To make soft and fluffy pancakes without eggs, do not keep batter idle for more than 5 minutes after mixing all ingredients, use it immediately.
Taste: Sweet taste with soft and fluffy texture
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a healthy breakfast for nutritious start of the day.