Nothing can beat the pleasurable feelings one gets when spoonful of divine and healthy homemade chocolate pudding prepared with this recipe melts like a dream in mouth, grabbing attention of all your senses and sling shootings you into the world of unforgettable divine experience. Even though termed as old fashioned now, it has the same capabilities it used to have when in vogue.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
This recipe uses double boiler method.
- Add water in lower compartment of double boiler, put it on a heat and bring it to boil.
- Add cornstarch, salt and sugar in the top compartment of a double boiler. Gradually pour and stir-in the milk and place top compartment over boiling water. Keep stirring continuously
- Reduce heat to low, stir constantly and cook until milk-corn mixture begins to thicken. It would take approx 10 minutes.
- Check consistency by quickly dipping a spoon in it, if back side of spoon gets coated evenly, then it indicates that it is ready otherwise cook it for some more time and check again.
- Add grated chocolate and mix well, stir and cook for approx 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix vanilla extract.
- Transfer liquid pudding to serving bowls and place them in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes to chill. If you like warm pudding, then do not refrigerate it. Instead let it cool at room temperature until warm enough to your desired level.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If you do not like pudding skin, then cover bowls with plastic wrap or aluminium foil before placing them in refrigerator.
- For a change, garnish it with vanilla sauce or maraschino cherry topped whipped cream.
Taste: Velvety smooth and chocolaty delicious
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a dessert on new year or birthday party. Give a special treat to your kids by serving it as an afternoon snack.