Take 2 cups(500 ml) curd in a deep bowl.
Add 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder.
Whisk it using a mathani or a wired whisk or an electric hand blender until smooth and creamy.
Whisk again until a nice frothy layer on top. Check the consistency of lassi and add more water if you like the thin consistency. Pour into two individual serving glasses and garnish with chopped coriander leaves (or mint leaves) and roasted cumin powder.
Tips and Variations:
- To roast the cumin seeds, dry roast them in a pan until they are golden brown and release a nice aroma. Let them cool at room temperature and then grind them using a mixer grinder or a mortar and pestle.
- Use the full fat curd and make sure that it doesn’t taste sour.
- Use a mathani or a wired whisk instead of electric blender to make the lassi.
- For variation, add a pinch of dried mint leaves (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves) and 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
- For variation, add a pinch of chaat masala powder or balck salt (kala namak).
- Add more water to dilute the lassi and less water for thick lassi.
Serving Ideas: Salted lassi is the perfect cooling beverage during hot summer days. It can be also served with the meal.