Pineapple Rice is a spicy and tempting rice preparation of Thai cuisine. It is a mixture of steamed rice and fresh pineapple with tempering of delicious spices. It is also known as pineapple fried rice.
|3 cups Steamed Rice|
|1 Ripe Pineapple|
|1/3 cup finely chopped Carrot|
|1 medium size Onion, finely chopped|
|1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1 Dry Red Chilli|
|1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger|
|1 tablespoon Soy Sauce|
|6 roasted Cashew nuts|
|4 roasted Almonds|
|2 teaspoons Raisins|
|1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)|
|2 tablespoons Cooking Oil or Butter|
|Salt to taste|
|2 tablespoons Coriander Leaves (chopped)|
- Take a fresh ripe pineapple. Cut it lengthwise into two equal parts. Do not remove its leaves. Remove pineapple flesh using a knife and keep its shell to be used as a serving container.
- Chop half of the pineapple flesh and keep other half for other purpose.
- Grind ginger, garlic and dry red chilli and make a fine ginger-garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté chopped onion in it until light brown.
- Add prepared ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped green chilli and chopped carrot; sauté until carrot becomes soft.
- Add chopped pineapple, salt and sugar, mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add steamed rice, soy sauce, almonds, cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Turn off the stove and transfer prepared pineapple rice to plate or empty pineapple shells.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- You can also use 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder in place of soy sauce for nice color.
- Use tinned pineapple if fresh one is not available.
Taste: Spicy, sweet and tangy
Serving Ideas: Serve it with curd raita or as alone in lunch or dinner.