It is one of the most popular hot beverages in world and especially in India. A cup of milk tea (chai) in morning gives refreshing feel and put you on track of long hard day. It can be prepared with milk or milk powder and various types of plain or flavored tea powders. This recipe prepares Indian tea using milk, sugar, tea powder and water.
|1 cup (250 ml) Milk|
|2 teaspoons Tea Powder|
|1/4 cup (approx. 60 ml) Water|
|3 teaspoons Sugar|
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and tea powder in it and boil it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add milk and boil it over medium flame for 6-7 minutes or until bubble starts to rise. You will see the change in color of the tea from milky shade to brown shade when it is ready.
- Turn off the gas and strain tea in cups.
Tips and Variations:
- If you like more creamy tea, then avoid water and use only milk. Mix milk, sugar and tea powder and boil them over low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- If you do not like it to creamy, then use more water compared with milk.
- Add ginger, mint, cinnamon and cardamom or tea masala while preparing it for nice flavorful tea.
Taste: Sweet and Hot
Serving Ideas: Serve it in the morning with breakfast or in the afternoon with evening snacks.