Kurkuri Bhindi (Crispy Bhindi) Recipe
Chatpati kurkuri bhindi recipe is one of the easiest Indian starters recipes to follow that involves deep frying ladies finger to get crispy texture. Learn how to make deliciously crunchy and crispy deep fried bhindi for starter or appetizer with this easy crispy bhindi recipe.
Preparation Time: 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
|250 gms (1/2 lb) Bhindi (Okra/Ladies Finger)|
|3 tablespoons Gram Flour|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|2 teaspoons + 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala|
- Wash and dry bhindi.
- Trim head and tail of it and cut it into thin slices.
- Mix okra slices, gram flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons chaat masala and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep frying pan over medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough, deep-fry okra until they turn light brown and crispy. Fry okras in batches (fry approx. 1/3 cup masala coated okras at a time). Drain and transfer to a plate having paper napkin spread on it (to remove excess oil).
- Crispy kurkuri bhindi is ready. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon remaining chaat masala over it and serve as starter or appetizer.
Tips and Variations:
- If possible, wash the bhindi in advance and dry it at least 2-hours before making the recipe to remove excess moisture.
- Serve the bhindi immediately after deep frying for crispy taste.
Taste: Crispy and tongue tickling