|250 gms (1/2 lb) Bhindi (Okra/Ladies Finger)|
|3 tablespoons Gram Flour|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|2 teaspoons + 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala|
- Wash and dry bhindi.
- Trim head and tail of it and cut it into thin slices.
- Mix okra slices, gram flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons chaat masala and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep frying pan over medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough, deep-fry okra until they turn light brown and crispy. Fry okras in batches (fry approx. 1/3 cup masala coated okras at a time). Drain and transfer to a plate having paper napkin spread on it (to remove excess oil).
- Crispy kurkuri bhindi is ready. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon remaining chaat masala over it and serve as starter or appetizer.
- If possible, wash the bhindi in advance and dry it at least 2-hours before making the recipe to remove excess moisture.
- Serve the bhindi immediately after deep frying for crispy taste.