|4 large size Potatoes, boiled|
|1/2 cup fresh or frozen Green Peas|
|4 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons Dry Breadcrumbs|
|1 tablespoon Corn Flour|
|1 teaspoon grated Ginger|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves|
|2 Green Chillies, seeded and finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Dry Mango Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Sugar, optional|
- Boil potatoes in pressure cooker or in a pan until soft. Peel and mash them. Boil peas in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain water and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Take mashed potatoes in another bowl. Add boiled peas, 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, corn flour, grated ginger, coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Mix them to prepare smooth dough like mixture. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions and roll them into small size balls.
- Take one ball and gently press it between your palms and make a round shaped 1/2-inch thick pattie. Take 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a plate. Coat prepared pattie with breadcrumbs on all sides by rolling it in breadcrumbs filled plate.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for remaining balls and prepare remaining patties.
- Heat non-stick flat pan (tawa) or griddle to shallow fry patties. When pan or griddle is hot enough, drizzle 2-3 teaspoons oil over it. Put 3-4 patties over oil and cook until bottom surface turn golden brown.
- Flip each pattie up side down, drizzle some oil around its edge and cook until second side also turns golden brown. Based on the size of your pan, you can shallow fry more than 3-4 tikkis at a time.
- Transfer prepared tikkis to a plate. Serve hot and crispy aloo tikkis with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- You can use corn flour to coat patties’ surface with it if breadcrumbs are not available.
- Adjust amount of green chilli as per your needs to make it as spicy as you like.
- Use medium heavy based pan to make them crispy.
- Add 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot and 1/4 cup boiled sweet corn while preparing mixture in step-4 above to make vegetable tikki.