Papaya is a very sweet and flavorful fruit available all through year. Since it has smooth and mellow texture, smoothie made from it is a silky delight to palate. Apart from ripe papaya, this recipe also uses frozen banana, low fat milk and vanilla yogurt which provides complimenting flavor and texture.
|1½ cups Ripe Papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1/2 Frozen Banana, sliced|
|1 cup Low Fat Milk|
|1/2 cup Organic Yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)|
|3 teaspoons Sugar|
|1/2 cup Crushed Ice|
- Blend papaya, banana, milk, yogurt, sugar and crushed ice in a blender or food processor until smooth puree.
- Check thickness of the slushy drink. If required, add additional milk to reduce the thickness and blend again for 15 seconds.
- Pour it in chilled serving glasses and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Choose ripe papaya to enhance the natural sweet flavor of smoothie.
- Replace milk with orange juice or pineapple juice or soymilk to get different flavors.
- You can use honey, agave nectar or any other artificial sweetener in place of sugar.
Taste: Sweet and silky creamy flavor of papaya with mild hint of banana and milk.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a party dessert or as an afternoon beverage during summer days.