When banana and spinach, one of the best fruits and vegetables in their respective classes, are blended with fresh orange juice, a rejuvenating and refreshing banana spinach smoothie is born. The smoothie prepared with this recipe has more banana flavor than that of spinach because former has the stronger taste.
|2 cups Spinach, cleaned (approx. 1/2 small bunch)|
|1 fresh or frozen Banana, peeled and sliced|
|2 Oranges or 1/2 cup fresh Orange Juice or 1/2 cup Pineapple juice|
|2 Ice Cubes, optional|
- Clean the spinach and peel and slice the banana. Cut oranges into halves and squeeze out juice using citrus fruit juicer.
- First, pour orange juice in a blender jar.
- Add sliced banana and baby spinach.
- Add ice cubes and blend until smooth puree. Pour prepared smoothie into a serving glass and serve immediately to get maximum nutrients.
Tips and Variations:
- In this recipe no sugar or honey is added to prepare the green spinach and banana smoothie for weight loss. However, if you want more sweet taste, add 1-2 teaspoons honey.
- If your taste buds are not accustomed to tart taste of raw spinach, then use less amount of it initially and then slowly work your way up.
Taste: Sweet taste of banana and orange with mild tart flavor of spinach.
Serving Ideas: Serve it in breakfast to start your day on a healthy and energetic note.