Great looking, great tasting, great textured sweet potato salad is a must have salad for sweet potato lovers. This salad is not just starchy but rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 as well.
|2 medium size Sweet Potatoes|
|2 Celery Stalks, chopped|
|2 tablespoons sliced Green Onion (scallions)|
|1/2 cup toasted and chopped Pecans|
|1/4 cup chopped Red or Green bell Pepper|
|2 Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup Mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard|
|1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice (optional)|
|1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper|
- Boil sweet potatoes in water until tender for around 15-20 minutes. Do not overcook them.
- Drain and cool them at room temperature. Peel and cut into chunks.
- Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, fresh ground pepper, chopped jalapeño pepper and salt in a big bowl and prepare a salad dressing.
- Add sweet potato chunks, chopped celery, sliced green onion, chopped pecans and chopped bell peppers.
- Toss gently to coat all ingredients with salad dressing.
- Sweet potato salad is ready to serve.
- Serve it as you like, either at room temperature or chilled.