If you are planning for a tempting Thai lunch or dinner, then Thai fried rice a is a must have item in it. There are many variant of this rice recipe which include use of meat, chicken, seafood or eggs. However, this particular recipe is a pure vegetarian recipe and uses thai red curry paste and fresh vegetables along with steamed rice.
|1½ Cup Steamed Rice|
|3-4 Baby Corns|
|1 small Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)|
|1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste (or Green Curry Paste)|
|1 Red Chilli (or Green Chilli), crushed|
|3 stalks Spring Onion (green onion)|
|1 tablespoon Soy sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon White Pepper Powder|
|1 tablespoon Cooking Oil|
Note: If you want to make green fried rice, then use Thai green curry paste and green chilli. In this recipe, Thai red curry paste and red chillies are used.
- Finely chop spring onion and cut baby corn and green bell pepper into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add red curry paste and crushed red chilli, stir-fry for a minute.
- Add sliced baby corns and sliced bell pepper, stir-fry over medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped spring onion, soy sauce, white pepper powder and salt cook for a minute.
- Now add steamed rice and mix gently. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Turn off heat and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Serve red Thai Fried Rice with vegetable soup.
Tips and Variations:
- For variation, add sliced tomatoes to get more tangy taste.
- While mixing steamed rice, stir gently otherwise they may become mushy.
- Use jasmine or brown jasmine rice for nice flavor.
- You can also add vegetables of your choice to make it tastier and healthier.
Serving Ideas: Serve veg thai fried rice in lunch or dinner.