Chocolate pudding prepared with tofu has subtle flavor and texture because it does not need corn flour to thicken the puree. It is very easy to prepare too because it does not involve any cooking apart from melting the chocolate chips. Learn how to make tofu chocolate pudding in just 15 minutes with this recipe.
|2/3 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi Sweet)|
|1 pack (12 oz) Silken Tofu|
|2 teaspoons Brown Sugar or Honey (optional)|
|1 teaspoon Vanilla extract|
|1½ tablespoons Water|
- Take a double boiler or heavy bottom saucepan and melt chocolate chips with 1½ tablespoon water over medium heat. Cook and stir until it melts completely.
- Drain tofu and place it in a blender or food processor, add sugar or honey and blend until smooth puree.
- Add melted chocolate and blend until ingredients are well combined and attain smooth texture.
- Transfer to one large bowl or multiple small serving bowls and place them in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Chocolate flavor does not mix instantly with tofu, hence let it rest in refrigerator and allow flavors to come out and mix. The longer you let it cool in refrigerator, better the taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy milk or chocolate milk in place of sugar for variation.
- Garnish it with orange zest for visually delighting look.
Taste: Delicious taste of chocolate mixed with creamy tofu. It tastes like a mousse.
Serving Ideas: Serve it over crackers or banana slices as a dessert or snack. It also tastes well on its own too.