Lemon ricotta pancakes, a lemon flavored pancake made with ricotta cheese, is simply delicious and healthy breakfast item. The fresh lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest bring a delightful taste and flavor to light and rich ricotta cheese pancakes.
|3/4 cup All Purpose Flour|
|2 teaspoons Baking Powder|
|1½ tablespoons Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|1 cup (around 250 gms) Ricotta Cheese|
|1 tablespoon finely grated Lemon Zest|
|1½ teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice|
|2/3 cup Milk|
|1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|2 medium size Eggs, beaten|
|Maple Syrup, for garnishing|
- Mix all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, milk, vanilla extract and eggs in another bowl until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients mixture (prepared in step-1) to the ricotta mixture (prepared in step-2) and whisk until just combined.
- Preheat skillet or griddle over medium heat and brush with melted butter. Drop around 1/4-cup batter on it, press and spread a little using spoon to make 1/4 to 1/2 inch pattie, cook it on medium-low heat. Flip it when bubbles begin to appear on the surface and bottom side turns golden brown. It will take around 2-3 minutes. Cook other side until golden brown or for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat same process for remaining batter and prepare pancakes in batches.
- Transfer prepared lemon ricotta pancakes to serving plate and serve with maple syruo and fresh sliced strawberries.
Tips and Variations:
- You can prepare 3-4 pancakes at a time according to size of skillet.
Taste: Mild sweet, soft and fluffy with nice lemon flavor.
Serving Ideas: Serve it for breakfast or as a snack in the evening.