Banana Pancakes Recipe
Out of all fruit infused pancakes, banana pancakes are most popular and widely appreciated one. The mashed banana mixed with routine pancake mix adds a nice flavor and taste to it. This recipe prepares it from scratch and requires the use of cooktop or griddle.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 Pancakes
|1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / All Purpose Flour|
|1½ teaspoon Baking Powder|
|1½ tablespoons Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|1/2 cup mashed Ripe Banana (approx. 1 large)|
|1 cup Milk|
|1/4 cup Curd|
|1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (optional)|
|1 tablespoon + for greasing, Vegetable Oil|
|Maple Syrup (for garnishing)|
|Sliced Banana (for garnishing)|
- Sift together wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk milk, curd, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon oil in another bowl. Add mashed banana and whisk well to prepare a mixture of wet ingredients.
- Slowly combine flour mixture (prepared in step-1) with banana mixture (prepared in step-2) and stir gently until there are no lumps of flour. Prepared batter should be slight lumpy. Do not over-beat it because over-beating will not make fluffy pancake.
- Heat a non-stick flat frying pan over medium high heat and grease it using oil. When pan is medium hot, pour 1/4 cup batter onto it for each pancake and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for around 2 minutes until bubbles appear on top surface and underside is golden brown.
- Flip it and cook other side until golden brown. Second side will take less time to cook than first side.
- Transfer banana pancakes to a serving plate and sprinkle ground cinnamon over it. Serve it hot with maple syrup and sliced banana.
Tips and Variations:
- To make a soft and fluffy pancake, do not keep batter sit idle for long time after mixing all ingredients. Also do not over-beat the mixture in step-3.
- Mash banana just before adding it to the mixture.
- Add chopped walnuts in batter for a nutty change.
Taste: Soft and fluffy with lots of taste of banana.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a healthy breakfast.
Oct 19, 2014 by kinjal
Hi, thanks for giving me idea.
Response: Welcome, kinjal.
Oct 17, 2014 by kinjal
Hi, do u have any another option in place of egg?
Response: Hi kinjal, I have changed the recipe to make egg less banana pancakes. I added the curd in place of egg in the above recipe.