Banana Pancakes Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Out of all fruit infused pancakes, banana pancakes are most popular and widely appreciated one. The mashed banana mixed with routine pancake mix adds a nice flavor and taste to it. This recipe prepares it from scratch and requires the use of cooktop or griddle.
|1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / All Purpose Flour|
|1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder|
|1 teaspoon Sugar|
|A Pinch of Salt|
|1/4 cup mashed Ripe Banana (approx. 1 medium)|
|1/2 cup Milk|
|1 tablespoon Curd|
|2-3 drops of Vanilla Extract|
|A Pinch of Cardamom Powder or Ground Cinnamon|
|1 tablespoon Butter + for greasing|
|Maple Syrup, for serving|
|1 tablespoon Chopped Cashew nuts or Almonds (for serving), optional|
|Sliced Banana (for garnishing), optional|
- Sift wheat flour in a large bowl. Add baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix well.
- Choose the very ripe banana. Peel the banana, cut it into slices and place in a small bowl.
- Mash it with a fork until smooth puree.
- Add milk, curd, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon butter and a pinch of cardamom powder (or ground cinnamon). Whisk all together to make a mixture of wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients mixture over flour mixture (prepared in step-2).
- Stir gently until there are no lumps of dry flour.
- If the batter looks very thick, add 1-2 tablespoon more milk and mix again. Prepared batter should be slight lumpy. For fluffy pancake, do not over-beat the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick flat frying pan over medium high heat. When pan is medium hot, add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and pour 1/4 cup batter onto it for each pancake. Reduce heat to low and cook for around 2 minutes until bubbles appear on top surface and underside is golden brown.
- Flip it and cook other side until golden brown. Second side will take less time to cook than first side.
- Transfer banana pancakes to a serving plate and sprinkle chopped cashew nuts (or almonds) over it. Serve it hot with maple syrup and sliced banana.
Tips and Variations:
- To make a soft and fluffy pancake, do not keep batter sit idle for long time after mixing all ingredients. Also do not over-beat the mixture in step-7.
- Mash banana just before adding it to the mixture.
- Add chopped walnuts in batter for a nutty change.
Taste: Soft and fluffy with lots of taste of banana.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a healthy breakfast.
Oct 19, 2014 by kinjal
Hi, thanks for giving me idea.
Response: Welcome, kinjal.
Oct 17, 2014 by kinjal
Hi, do u have any another option in place of egg?
Response: Hi kinjal, I have changed the recipe to make egg less banana pancakes. I added the curd in place of egg in the above recipe.