More Garlic Recipes
|8 Garlic Cloves (skin removed), chopped|
|2 Whole Dry Red Chillies, seeded and broken into pieces|
|1/2 cup grated Fresh Coconut|
|1 teaspoon Tamarind Pulp|
|1/4 cup Water|
|2 teaspoons Oil|
|1/3 teaspoon or to taste Salt|
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. When oil is hot enough, sauté chopped garlic over low flame for a minute; transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same pan and sauté dry red chillies over low flame for 20-30 seconds. Transfer them to the same plate.
- Let sautéed garlic and dry red chillies cool for 3-4 minutes. Transfer garlic and dry red chillies to a grinder jar and grind them to a medium coarse paste.
- Add grated coconut, tamarind pulp, 1/4 cup water and salt.
- Grind them to a medium coarse paste. South Indian garlic chutney for dosa and idli is ready.
- You can also use 2 teaspoons red chilli powder in place of dried red chillies.
- Dry kashmiri red chillies are added to get nice red color and to make less spicy chutney.
- Replace tamarind pulp with 1 teaspoon lemon juice for a variation in taste.