|250 gms (1/2 lb) Bhindi (okra/ladies finger)|
|2 large Onions, sliced|
|2 Green Chillies, sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed Ginger-Garlic|
|1 medium Tomato, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1 teaspoon Coriander-Cumin Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice|
|1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Oil|
|1½ tablespoons Coriander Leaves|
- Wash bhindi in water and dry them completely. Cut it into 1-inch long pieces after removing its top and tail.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a pan. Add cut bhindi pieces and cook them on medium flame until they turn dark green or for 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same pan. Add cumin seeds and when they begin to crackle, add crushed ginger garlic. Sauté for around 30 seconds.
- Add onion and green chilli pieces; sauté until onion turns light brown, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander-cumin powder; mix well.
- Add cooked bhindi, lemon juice and salt; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl.
- Garnish bhindi do pyaza with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Wash and dry bhindi 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Chop ladies finger into 1/2-inch thick round slices for different look and texture.