Fruit Raita is a healthy and yummy dip prepared by mixing curd and diced fresh fruits like apple, pineapple, pomegranate, banana, strawberry etc. Curd, which is a main ingredient in this recipe, is a rich source of calcium and good for digestive system. Raita with lot of mixed fruits is generally favorite among kids where they can enjoy multiple fruits in a single preparation.
|1/4 cup chopped Apple|
|1/4 cup chopped Pineapple|
|1/4 cup chopped Banana|
|1/4 cup chopped Strawberry, optional|
|2 tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds|
|2 cups Thick Curd (Yogurt)|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)|
|1 tablespoon Sugar|
- Take curd (plain yogurt) in a bowl. Add sugar, salt, black pepper powder and cumin powder and beat until curd mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped apple, pineapple, banana, strawberry and pomegranate seeds and mix well.
- One of the easiest and healthy fruit dishes, mix fruit raita, is ready. Chill it in refrigerator for 30 minutes (if required and preferred).
- Fill individual serving bowls with chilled raita and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Few people does not like sugar mixed with curd. Adjust the quantity of sugar and salt according to your preferred taste.
- There is no limit on quantity of healthy fruits that can be used to prepare this raita. You can make it as much fruity as you like.
- Adding variety of fruits really brings out the best taste. Avoid using over ripen and mushy fruits as they will ruin the taste.
- We have used fresh fruits to make it. However, you can use canned or frozen fruits as well. (Do not use syrup of canned fruits to make it)
- Do not keep apple and banana pieces idle for long time as they will oxidize and turn black.
Taste: Sour and Sweet taste of yogurt and fruits
Serving Ideas: Fruit raita, which is one of the best and easy to prepare dishes with fruits, can be served as a dessert or as an accompaniment to Indian meals.