Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
|2 cups Plain Noodles (150 gm pack)|
|6 cloves of Garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon minced Ginger|
|1/4 cup sliced French Beans|
|1/4 cup finely chopped Spring Onion|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced Capsicum|
|1/2 cup shredded Cabbage|
|1/4 cup julienned Carrot|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|2 teaspoons Soy Sauce|
|1½ teaspoons Chilli Sauce (red or green)|
|1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup|
|1 tablespoon +1 tablespoon Oil|
|Salt to taste|
- Boil the noodles by following step by step recipe of simple noodles or by following the instruction given on the pack of noodles.
- Cut the vegetables as mentioned in ingredients section. Make sure to chop the vegetables as thin as possible as they will take less time to cook.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a wok (chinese style cooking vessel) or a wide mouthed pan over medium flame. Add minced garlic and minced ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add French beans and stir-fry for a minute. Add spring onion, capsicum, cabbage and carrot.
- Stir-fry vegetables until they are cooked but still crunchy for approx. 2-minutes over high flame.
- Add soy sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato ketch up, black pepper powder and salt (please note that we have also added salt while boiling noodles).
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add boiled noodles.
- Mix and toss until noodles are evenly coated with sauces and vegetables for approx. 1-minute. Turn off flame and transfer it to serving plate. Serve it with Hot and Sour soup or Dry Vegetarian Manchurian.
- To make non-sticky noodles, do not overcook them in step-1. Cook them until they are cooked but not mushy. Do not forget to pour cold water over noodles after cooking to remove excess starch.
- You can use either green chilli sauce or red chilli sauce per your preference. Red chilli sauce will help you get the typical restaurant color.
- Adjust quantity of chilli sauce and soy sauce per your taste. Do not add more soy sauce as it tastes bitter and it will change the taste of noodles.
- All vegetables and noodles must be tossed over over high-flame to get restaurant like taste and texture.
- For variation, add baby corns, red and yellow capsicum, mushrooms or any other vegetables of your choice.
Response: Yes Tara, you can omit the soy sauce but the taste will change a little bit.
Response: Hello Shirly, sorry to hear that this you didn't like this. You can always increase the quantity of chilli sauce, tomato sauce and seasonings to enhance the flavor.
Response: Hello Harshita, I have never used thailand sauce in the noodles. But you can try it by adding it to the small amount of boiled noodles. After adding the sauce, taste the noodles and adjust other seasonings according to it.
Response: If you don't have french beans or spring onions, just skip them.
Response: If it is not available, you can skip it.